Monday, July 18, 2011

Bad Habits


Now instead of stealing clothes from my workplaces in elaborate trash bag involved schemes and getting stoned all day by the dumpsters behind my various stores of work, biting my nails so I could go out at night and forget whatever it is I did once I got there, I now spend my days doing yoga, trying Pilate's, riding my bike by the river, taking long walks only to come home and eat a giant massive burrito the size of my head and slowly eat an entire plate of sage cornbread. It seems I am never able to just, chill, without a bit of the ol' self descructo rearing it's ugly head. I'm also fond of staring off into space thinking about all the things I should be doing and then instead laying on my back and listening to songs play on youtube. I need to get back to work. My idle mind is a lazy, hungry, money spending, exercise obsessing, too old for these shenanigans place.
In other words, I'm fine, how are you?
In the meantime, have you heard TuNe YaRds, yet? They are INSANE amazing. I'm posting them doing BIzness live and not the music video because watching her bust out those sounds from such rudimentary non fancy computer type looking instruments is awesome.
On a side note, it's been awesome having Busy in town. Things that have happened to her lately that don't happen to normal people: Sitting in the audience of a movie you've never heard of and hearing one of your songs used, or try this one: a teenage boy contestant on So You Think You Can Dance, uses one of your songs to dance to. The actual performance can't be embedded, but here he is doing it at some talent show, the actual video is on youtube. This kid is amazing, no? Ah, to be alive in the modern age.

And for good measure, the real thing live: