Monday, November 22, 2010

Just Say That You Love Me


Excuse me while I toot my own horn here. Best Music Writing came out and in the introduction Ann Powers said the most amazing thing anyone has ever said about my writing ever. Ann is basically one of my heroes and when i read it, I died. The book is out now so go give it a read! Lots of amazing, amazing pieces by Sasha Frere Jones, Michelle Tea, Randall Roberts, Robert Christgua, Jessica Hopper and Mary Gaitskil, to name a few.
In other news, Nick has a new blog, ahem, sorry, Tumblr, Tumble, where he is posting the awesomeness that is his brain. Go see why I love the guy so much. He's even posting some of his poetry, which is what he's in grad school for, so you better believe its good stuff! click here to be transported to a tumblr orgy
Heather has been in town and we've been kicken it. Here's us at Antie Ems. Courtesy of Athena Schindelhiems.

Okay, schmos, talk soon.
Also, things you should read if you haven't already
The Ihop Papers by Ali Liebegott, The Lost Art of Reading, by David Ulin and Passionate Mistakes and Intricate Corruption of One Girl in America by Michelle Tea, any article in ArtForum by Catherine Taft.