Sunday, May 10, 2009

TECHnical Difficulties


2000- Marianne's roof
The old timey time writins

Sorry for the lack of bloggins. I went to this wild crazy surreal event friday night for the Weekly which I can't tell u about until the Weekly thing happens, sowee, but it was at the Nokia theater and those bastards confiscated my camera. So now I'm on a wild goose chasums to get it back.
In any event, I googled myself today- whatevs don't play like you've never done it- and low and behold, my community college lit journal has been put online! And whatta know, an excerpt from my badly mangled novel I wrote between the ages of 19 and 20 is on there! I had totally forgotten about it's existence. Consequently, it still stands as the only piece of fiction I've ever had published. I don't have the physical journal anymore, it's lost in a wrinkle in time, but it was fun to read this, the writing is simultaneously worse and better than I thought it would be, if that makes any sense. And I don't know who I was kidding by calling this thing fiction. It's about me with a big pile of duh attached. For those interested in reading bad community college prose click on the link at the top and scroll down to I think it's page 17 or 16 on the pdf. It's called Firecrackers and Cigarettes. Ooooh lala.