Saturday, December 6, 2008

Say A Little Prayer For Me


This is it guys, send all your positive energy my way. Cross your fingers and your toes that this massive year in the making B52's opus, that Axl Rose so rudely interrupted, is green-lighted. Say 33 1/3 under your breath three times before you go to bed tonight and throw salt over your shoulder. Come on David Barker, ring my bell.
If I get this, it's like winning the rock crit lottery.
Ah, now that I've finished that most intensities in 10 cities (to quote the Nuge)I can set aside all my GnR albums and let go of that horrible youthful revisiting- ugh, at one point while writing that thing I felt like a character in a Judy Blume novel- Adolescence is uncomfortable and I'm more than happy to be able to return to my adult self, where The B52's are my favorite band, I dig High Places, Gang Gang Dance, Gangi, Mika Miko, Jail Wedding's, Erase Errata, Entrance and Health and all the other bands of my peers. Where I'm not haunted in the middle of the night by red heads in leather chaps and the snarl of one someones hellish devil screech, where I'm not 22, drunk, running through an ally in Hollywood. Where I am boring, in graduate school and an occasional buyer of expensive candles. Where I eat soyrizo and don't steal.
To read all about my near fatal total regression into my early 20's, be sure to pick up the Believer Music Issue, which won't be out for about 5 months.
In the meantime, I'm going to be 28 and listen to my Will Oldham album's, and contemplate the merits of Brian Eno and Marnie Stern.